So, as part of being a Yelp Deputy, I chose to become the Queen of Afternoon Tea, haha! Now, most people, when faced with creating a 40+ list of places falling under a certain category would pick something they do a lot of, or know a lot about. Not me. I never make things easy.
I love afternoon tea (mini food, what’s not to love?) and I don’t do it enough. I also love a challenge. So, for the foreseeable future, I’ll be filling my time where possible with finger sandwiches, calorific cream scones and novelty cakes.
Me being me, there won’t be many traditional British afternoon teas on this list. Maybe one or two if they’re worthwhile, but I’m looking for teas with a twist. Maybe a theme, or a different cuisine, or something a bit cultural or educational.
You can read my review list on Yelp here and I’ll be updating this page with the ones I feel are worth writing home about.
- Guilt free vegan raw and baked delights at RAW La Suite West (£27)
- Punk themed Anarch-Tea at The W Hotel London Leicester Square (£30)
- Michelin starred with a Spanish Twist at Ametsa With Arzak Instruction (£32)
- With a cheeky tail at The Tale Bar in The Playboy Club (£30)
- An immersive Alice extravaganza at The Tea Studio’s Mad Hatters Tea Party (£32.50)